Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Belgium’s Latest Beer: Snow Day

I’ve always hoped I could someday walk into a bar and yell "Snow Day for everyone!"

Now that New Belgium has replaced their 2° Below with a fresh winter seasonal called Snow Day, such a thing is possible.


I haven’t had a taste for myself yet but from what I hear, this warming and relaxing brew is made with the new(ish) Midnight Wheat malt, Styrian Golding, Centennial and Cascade hops. I can only imagine that all of those hops bring a bright note to the rich caramel and chocolate flavors and roasty undertones.

Grady Hull, assistant brewmaster at New Belgium explained that they "intentionally created a beer that could carry its weight without weighing you down. With layered hops, Snow Day delivers the depth people crave in a winter beer but it’s very drinkable."

With a 6.25% ABV, it’s sure to keep you nice and toasty. Drink too many this winter and you may have to declare your own snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment