Thursday, September 22, 2011

Esquire Names Best Black IPA Options

Dark and hoppy has become quite popular lately and the Black IPA style seems to be everywhere. Our friends at Esquire have compiled a list of their favorite not-so-pale ales. I thought I’d share their list despite with my embarrassing confession of having only tried 3 of the 11 beers listed.



My personal favorite is Stone’s Sublimely Self Righteous and that was only mentioned in the 15th Anniversary write up. If these are all as good (or better) – I’m in for a treat.

Looks like I’ve got some drinking to do…

1. Deschutes Hop in the Dark
2. Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet
3. Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA
4. Victory Yakima Glory
5. Uinta Dubhe (pronounced "doo-bee")
6. Short’s Bludgeon Yer Eye
7. Odell Mountain Standard
8. Southern Tier Iniquity
9. 21st Amendment Back in Black
10. New Glarus Black Top
11. Midnight Sun XXX Black Double IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment